Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Stalking your parents

So I was having this dream. In it, I first ran into an old friend from the highschool I went to in the South Bay of CA, and it turned out that he was living in my neighborhood in Cambridge. The way he was avoiding my questions implied some baggage, that he knew I was around and had intentionally not contacted me, and I couldn't figure out why he wasn't being straight with me, I couldn't think of anything that I had done.

Then I ran into two other people from high school, these two twins. I was too distracted trying to remember which one was Maryan, (the one with glasses or the other one) so I didn't notice at first that something more was going on: One was asking friendly catching-up type questions: 'How is your family?', 'How is your mom?', but the other one kept shhhushing her, as if it was bad form to ask things like that. So the first one asks her 'What's the matter' and she answers in a whisper "I heard that he stalks his parents".

What does that even mean? That is the most abstract gossip you could ever fabricate about someone. I'm still pissed about it. But that's the kicker with dreams, you can only be pissed at yourself for coming up with it.

No comments: